Episode #113 of the San Diego Padres EVT Podcast with Major Garrett.
San Diego native and Chief Washington Correspondent for CBS News, Major Garrett joins James and Austin to talk about the Padres’ past, present, and future.
Major talks about the self-proclaimed “best weekend” of his life, which was in 1984.
The San Diego Padres are on an upswing and looking to contend.
Major discusses his expectations for the Friars coming into the year. Eric Hosmer and Manny Machado will be huge for the team as the duo must be motivated to perform.
The uniform unveiling was more than a week ago and Major was there firsthand. He gives us his impression of the new threads as the guys discuss the Padres.
Being that he was in Washington during a World Series run, we asked what that feeling would be like in San Diego if the Padres ever won the trophy.
- Being in Washington for a Nationals World Series: 1:30
- Watching fellow San Diego Native Stephen Strasburg: 6:11
- Watching the Padres in the early years: 8:53
- Talking about being at the 1984 World Series: 19:30
- Writing for the Claremont Times: 23:20
- Talking about the front office: 33:07
- New Uniforms: 39:48
Available wherever you get your podcasts!
iTunes, and more!